Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Customizing Posts

J,

You can also use any available text editor, like word or notepad or wordpad. Cimco is really nice because it has the post separated and color coded. it makes it much easier to navigate.

The thing you're looking for as far as learning the MP language is the V9.1 post reference guide, which your reseller should be able to get for you rather easily. This site is also one of the best references I use for postwork.

HTH,

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Something else, I prefer to use PFE32 (mcamxcommoneditorspfe) for editing posts because it will return to where you last left off in editing.

This forum is a great resource for post modification, your reseller should be able to hook you up with the Post CD. This is a MUST for anyone seriously considering modifying Post Processors.

What I tell people that want to come to a post class is that first they have to have a "project" in mind. In other words you need to know how you want the output "nc code" changed.

If you already know this then tell us what change you want in the code and we'll point you in the right direction.

I use notepad for post editing and have the nc code go to pfe.

• 2 weeks later...