Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ops dirty on file open

g huns

Programmed a couple of trodes yesterday. Posted paths for both of them and cut one set last night. This morning I remembered that I needed to change something on the second set. So I opened up the file and all my ops were dirty. The geometery was missing from every one. Some 2d paths, some 3d surfs, some 3d solids. Not a real big deal, but they're pretty big and take a while to regen so it's a real PITA. Any thoughts?

• 4 months later...

I get the same thing alot. I've never sent the file to QC because once I regen the ops they are fine. I can usually tell when it's going to happen though because it gives me a bogus error while trying to regen an op after editing some parameters. for instance I may edit a drill depth in a drill op or a "stock to leave" in a hsm op and then hit OK and try to regen. It will then tell me "error regenerating operation". Then I save close mastercam. Reopen, call up the file again and all ops are dirty. But they will all regenerate just fine. I'm not sure how to send a problem like that to QC.

Are you selecting your tools individually from the library for each job so that there is only 1 tool one and 1 tool two?

Do you have 2 or 3 different tools defined as tool 1 (in your actual job, not the tool library) and you just assign whichever tool you need to the toolpath. This was the case when I saw this last. The guy was copying the entire tool library that he had created into every job he programmed so there were multiple tool 1's. 2's, 3's, and so on, instead of selecting each tools as he needed it from the library.

Good luck!

JohnA