Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anybody else having trouble with OSG?

chris m

I have had TiN coated M4 x .7 D4 2.5 pitch lead form taps on backorder for 5 f_cking months from OSG and have now apparently exhausted all of their bright and steam oxide as well [been subbing whatever they had]; WTF is up with that?

Is anybody else having OSG delivery issues? My distributor is pulling out his hair because I am constantly on the phone bitching about their delivery; his says that many of his customers are in the same boat...

While we are on the subject; what are you fellows using for general purpose roll taps?

C

Did you check MSC, the only thing I they didn't have listed was the 2.5 pitch. Everything else they had.

MSC

I originally had a link to the search results, but appaerntly you can't do that, it went to an epired opage so you'll need to browse to it yourself.

I was having problems getting cutters for hard milling and graphite cutting from OSG. I called OSG directly and got the runaround about carbide supplies and whatnot. I switched over to Jabro and have been happy, no really happy ever since. The European suppliers have been giving me better deliveries and service for the last year. I am pretty much running SECO Carbaloy stuff now and I am having no problems.

I just got a package yesterday from our distributor. I couldn't figure out what it was, cause I haven't ordered lately. It was a .062 long reach ball end mill that I ordered in October. I can't even remember what I ordered it for, glad I didn't wait for it.

MSC are the biggest rapists on Earth for cutting tools but I do dip in there once in awhile for emergencies

-------

We switched to Yamawa

-------

YMW does make a nice tap and we use them in many applications

Jim, I think Balax taps suck, but it has been awhile since I ran them so maybe I'll take another look

I don't understand why OSG, a HUGE company, can be this f_cked up...

Greenfield taps...

Fraisa, OSG, Garr, SGS, and Robb-Jack for steel.

Fraisa, OSG, and Sp3 diamond end mills for graphite.

And, YES , OSG has had some delivery issues here also. If you go to there website and find the tool you are looking for in their on line catalog it will tell you how many they have in stock at their main "American" warehouse.

And I also say "China"!! They are using up every resource they can get.

• 1 month later...

Kathy,

They are listed under the 7000 series. I can only find them on their website when I already have the part #. They are only found in ther High Technology Catalogue. You can request that through their website. It is at the bottom of the lists of books. If you can tell me what you need I will give you the EDP #'s so that you can find them to order.