Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where to start with 4 axis.

Flycut

I want to do a little project of my own.

I would like to make a ring with my new company name written on the O.D. with elevated letters!

At one of my shops we have a VF3 with rotary table and I've done a lot of jobs on it but only where the A axis runs on one line and X,Y,Z on other lines.

Are there any tutorials I can get my hands on?

Can I take this level of programming in any schools?

Anyone in the Ottawa or Montreal area willing to teach a quick learner?

I bought the 4 axis tutorial from tips for manufacturing. It was very helpful.

www.tipsformanufacturing.com

For your first program it would be easier to engrave the letters. Just create the letters and contour them like usual. Create your letters so that they go along the y axis. But this time turn on Rotary Axis and select Axis Substitution. Make sure you are substituting the Y axis, type in the diameter and go.

Hey Tim did you catch the fact he wanted rasied letters. You can do it the same way with axis sub. Make the outside of the pocket widder than the ring and just as long as the circumference of the bottom od. Create your letters inside the pocket and you are good to go.

Ok I just created an example of what I was talking about. It is on the FTP called CRAZY RAISED.MC9 in the MC9 Folder.

HTH

[ 01-19-2006, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Crazy^Millman ]

• 2 weeks later...