Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

html setup sheet in MR1/SP2 X problem

kathy

Is there anyone else using the html setup sheets in X, and have installed the latest and greatest - MR1/SP2?

Got another problem.

After install of the release, my setup sheets won’t process like before – i.e. go to the directory specified in the ‘toolpath name’ field named with the file name specified in the ‘group name’ field. It is processed as ‘setupsht.html’ in the nci directory.

Anyone venture a quick fix??

~Kathy

JUst found another issue, I think, don't know if it's the same one though.

I brought a file in from V9, generated an html setup sheet but on my tool list where is shows my Z depths all of my drill cycles show as Z+2.000

My contours appear OK though.

Any ideas?

It's now on the FTP under setup sheets.

Instructions:

I put the file in the c:mcamx root directory. I opened up the 'System Configuration' dialog box and opened up 'toolpath' topic. In 'Setup Sheet Program' drop down field, pick 'other' and c:mcamx directory opens. Change file type to *.* and pick the FixedSetupSheet.dll file. Save and there you are!

IN the files section rename you machine group 1 to the name you want, that is where the html setup pulls the name from.

Alos Make sure the little red arrow is at the bottom of the op you are creating the setup sheet for.

HTH

• 3 months later...

I'm going to bump this to the top...

Last week I installed two more seats of Mastercam X here at work, and I'm trying to get them both up and running and the config's up to date with all of our custom stuff.

I cannot get our custom .html setup sheet to work. Yes, I have the file 'fixedsetupsheet.dll' loaded. I also installed the 1/17/2006 Mastercam web download on one seat this afternoon.

When I was installing and dialing in MR1 back in January I could just sort of limp along getting everything to work. Than I switched to the Beta installations and rarely run MR1. Do I remember what I did back in January? So I guess my frustration is that it would be nice to be able to load and configure Mastercam by following a set list of instructions with the patches and fixes clearly identified by date and Mastercam install. For example, ‘xxxx.dll’ works with MR1/SP1, build date 12/1/2005, but not MR1/SP2, build date 1/17/2006. !!

In addition, shouldn’t the SP# be visible when I cnt’l v to show the Mastercam version? I am running MR1 (10.1.3.34 with a build date of 1/6/2006) but I don’t remember what service packs I installed. The new seat has the mastercamx-mr1-web.exe, the version shows MR1 (10.1.3.34 with a build date of 1/6/2006 – when I first checked it had a build date of 1969!!!)

I’ve sent two zip-to-go files to qc.

Kathy

CDL2042 - Totally depends on the setup sheet then. You might need to add:

rotatyp$ = 3 to the top of your setup sheet. You could upload your .set to the FTP to get people here to help.

--

Kathy - I still don't understand your issue. You put in an NC filename, and that doesn't report correctly in the HTML file?

In MR1/SP2 you need to get FixedSetupSheet.dll and copy it to your chooks folder (i.e. c:mcamxchooks). Open MR1, go to Settings/Config/Toolpaths, select ‘Other’ in the dropdown and browse to the chooks folder. Select the file (FixedSetupSheet.dll), and then run the Setup sheet as you normally would via the OpMgr.