Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Did trim surface change with MR1 ?

Jorgen

Have anyone else noticed problems with trimming surfaces to boundaries when upgrading to MR1? It used to work really well with SP1 but after the upgrade to MR1 it almost always says "Selected curves do not form a closed boundary" I been playing with tolerance settings but it doesn't seem to help and if I use the "Extend curves to edge" setting the surface leaks outside the boundary. Anyone got any ideas what I am doing wrong or what have changed in MR1?

Thanks

from the what's new file in mr1

quote:

Surfaces

Extensive work has gone into rewriting and improving surface trimming, creation of edge curves on surfaces, surface flowline creation, and creation of curves at surface intersections. All of these changes should make it easier for you to create, edit, and manipulate models as needed for machining. Future releases will contain even more improvements to surface modeling.

Guess rewrite didn't work biggrin.gifwink.gif

Jorgen,

Let's get to the bottom of this problem. Please send us an mcx file with just the Surfaces/Curves in question. Email to [email protected] and make it attention to Rob Pierolo and Dave Reyburn. If you zip it, make sure to include the words "Files for Mastercam" in the title or it will get caught in the spam blocker.

I have had the same problem. Thru trial and error I have come to the conclusion that when triming to view, the veiw in question is now the G-view and not the WCS veiw as in previous versions of X. If you go to top view and do nothing but zoom in and out it works fine. as soon as you rotate the view from top it starts acting weird. Can someone else confirm this observation?

I have also noticed that if there are multiple curve segments on one surface, you cannot use extend curve to edges. I have been useing Create curves spline to make it one curve, then it trims fine. I have been haveing a problem with split model. Sometimes it works and some times it dose not. When it dose not work the keep option dose not work either. I have to copy the surface before I trim it and trim it twice.

Dave

If you want to look at one of my files let me know and I will make you one. I have had this problem on at least 3 different models.