Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How did, how are you Learning X

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Funny the guys that teach the courses don't know everything about the software...

Funny the guys that use it day in and day out, year in and year out don't know everything about the software either. biggrin.giftongue.gif

Any instructor worth their weight in salt KNOWS where to get the answers to questions they don't know off the top of their heads. biggrin.gif Kind like most machinists don;t know the machinery's handbook by heart but they know where to look right? Exactly.

bought books from this forum page, I feel the people that wrote these can get inside "the pupils heads" and teach. Building gages at the moment, plan on jumping in big this spring. I design in X, but use V9 for programming as I know will have deal with the "post" issue and I am an idiot with those and will have to bug Fastech with those...

Beta Site here. Every time a new beta version came out my life got a lot easier. I myself really like the way X works, But I can see the transition being hard for people of all skill levels. Ive been working with it since the end of 2005 and im still figuring out new things every day. Makes the job interesting anyway. A few more mant.releases and everything should be working fairly smooth.

I attended the roll out installed it right away but became very frustrated with all the bugs in the original release. I set it aside and didn't mess with it again until the release of MR1. I have used nothing but X for the past 2 weeks. Although it was inexcuseable that the origial rolled of with so many bugs I kinda like X now and don't think I will be going back to 9.1

Well after review it looks as though most of use learn by doing, or undoing what we knew before in the case of V9 to X. I appreciate all that voted and

I would like to thank all of those people who are involved with maintaining this board as it has proven to be a very valueable resource to those who come here and interact. This Forum is like having a the biggest shop full of Machinist/Programmers in the World, of all expirience levels, all of which are available to answer a question or brainstorm a project. Keep up the great work!!!

Troy