Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3-D Contour Toolpath

Müřlıń®

quote:

I thought it was only available when you selected a 3D chain.

I have a 3-d chain but parts of it are flat. When I do a contour ona partial that is flat, the 3-d option in toolpath type is only 2-d.

I have to draw lead in lines on a slight angle so the chain will not all be in one plane and then the 3-d shows up on the list.

I want 3-d to be an option at all times like ver 9 !!

What this does is make the cut depth relative to the geometry. Where Z0 is at geometry depth. Then you can manually add a cut depth.

I use this on every job.

Trying to switch to just using X but I keep running into things like this where 9 WORKED BETTER ......

quote:

I want 3-d to be an option at all times like ver 9 !!

I just created a flat contour in V9 and 3D chain was not available. I rotated the chain from the front view, went into the toolpath parameters, and now 3D is available. Uless I'm missing something, 3D is not always available in V9. It takes the detection of a 3D chain for it to appear.

Thad

Well I just checked an endpoint depth and the spline was at a diffrent z depth.

Sorry meh bad....

Having a Monday day on Tuesday bonk.gif

Hrmmm....now that I think about it.....I wonder if we could get this option added headscratch.gif

BTW Thad, I am almost doing everything in X now biggrin.gif

One of these day I'ma get this stuff figured out....