Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Default program number

Thad

A while back there were a couple threads on the default program number. For those that want all programs numbered the same (and the number not being 0), try this:

Click machine type / control definition / operation defaults / machine group properties / tool settings. Enter your desired program #. Save and exit. Now all programs will be numbered accordingly.

Thanks to Christopher Bell at CNC Software. cheers.gif

Thad

• 1 month later...

Thad, or anyone for that matter, when you go in to this field, or the Machine Definition route, either way. When you open the Machine Group Properties on the first tab, Files, all of the fields are blocked out. I'm trying to set my Tool Library for my machine. How can I?

Disclaimer, I did a search, not a huge one, but I did try to find some info headscratch.gif

Machine type >> control def >> files

There is also a pdf available on the Mastercam website for working with the Machine def and control def files.

Good to have around

I M we Todd did,

I M sofa king we Todd did.

Call me crazy, and I really feel like an a$$ asking this... But, it says in the book the files page can change the tool library but all I see for "file usage" is

Set Up Sheet Template

Post Executeable

Chook from Misc. values button

Operations Library (inch)

Operations Library (metric)

Default Operations Library (inch)

Default Operations Library (metric)

Page 170 of the manual shows the window as well.

banghead.gif

Slick is right, the Getting Started Guide (page 170) Files page overview is wrong (you can't set .TOOLS from this page). BIG apologies are extended to all for the headaches this caused.

Mastercam X hard copy reprints are targeted for X2. Meanwhile, we'll update the Getting Started Guide PDF that ships with MR2. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

The Working_with_MD_CD.pdf in your Mastercam Documentation folder can help demystify machine and control group setup and editing. It's your best doc reference for this type of information, and a great supplement to the online Help, and the collective wisdom of this forum!