Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post "XYZ" but I want arcs

MIKE_B

• 5 months later...

bump,

The same problem here,

Anyone knows why there is no mtol$ in generic fanuc posts (and fanuc posts that have been updated to X) but there is one in mpmaster?

In X we set mtol in tolerances in CD but why is it in mpmaster and not any other generic post?

It seems to be the reason behind inconsistent outputting arcs on some contour ramps, and linearizing arc on some "tight" ramps.

All seems to be well when using mpmaster. headscratch.gif

I started to run an old matsuura with the even older yasnak control recently. they were using a cut up v7 post in 9. tried to update to ten and the post just spit out garbage. was told that ten will only update a base 9 post reliably. got a yasnak post and have been tweaking it in this month. 99% good.

FYI

One place to look if your getting linear code instead of arcs;

Control def >> arc >> Arc error checks

I turned off all the check boxes but the last (End point checks) and picked "Round end point - break on error". That fixed the arcs for me. The "Round end point - arc to generated point on failure" also worked, I just chose the first one. The "No rounding - break arc on failure" was the problem in my case.

HTH