Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

middle button dynamic rotation

beej

No, the middle-mouse button spinning wont let you pick a point. For that you need to use 'View/Orient/Dynamic' (it's on the default toolbars too).

The middle-mouse spinning will essentially tip the image about the center of the viewport. Moving the mouse up tips the top of the image in, moving it down tips the bottom in, etc. If your part is physically large, yes a few degrees can make a big difference.

quote:

yeah, that does kind of muck-up what would be a real nice feature otherwise.

A big +1 to that!

V9 used to rotate about a snapped point, although I think it was the mcutils chook that did it. To me, it only makes since to have dynamic rotate function the same, no matter how you activate it.

quote:

The middle-mouse spinning will essentially tip the image about the center of the viewport.

Is that functionality helpful to anyone?

Thad

Dynamic Rotation in X does work the same as in V9 - select the function and click a point to rotate about. The middle-mouse spinning is a new feature and it doesn't force you to click about a certain point. I use it all the time, and I bet I'm not the only one. In fact, everytime I go back to V9, I find myself wondering why it doesn't work there!

Pete, I use it all the time too. I love it. It works especially well when I have a small part on the screen. I was just wondering if there was a way to make it rotate about a particular point to keep it from swinging my geo off the screen on the big parts.

cheers.gif

quote:

Dynamic Rotation in X does work the same as in V9

quote:

V9 used to rotate about a snapped point, although I think it was the mcutils chook that did it.

Bad choice of words on my part. I never used dynamic rotate. I always used the mcutils chook that would snap and rotate about a point. Having the zoom and spin right there at the middle mouse button was sweet. Not right click-dynamic rotate....not clicking the dynamic rotate icon, then rotate.....I'm talking about clicking with the scroll button on the entity and rotating. It's always there, all the time. *That* was nice! Now if we could only get the pan to work with a scroll click+RMB drag, like in UG, I'd be all set. wink.gif

Selecting dynamic rotate or clicking the scroll wheel both get you to dynamic rotate, right? Then why do they function differently (different rotation point)?

quote:

I use it all the time

Me too and I hate when it spins my model off the screen. I must then use 2 more clicks, using dynamic rotate, to get what I need. It falls under that "less mouse clicks" concept.

Thad

I just got two of them in a box of computer junk at an auction (FLX-3003c) but I can't find drivers for them...not even at the manufacturers website. I guess they are too old. Anybody know how to get them?

I used them before at another company and loved them too.

quote:

If it gets any worse around here, we'll have to buy our own toilet paper.

I worked at a place like this once. Though it was amusing til the checks started bouncing.

You're still there Thad?

Place I used to work the company that provided the rags, showed up one day and collected all of the rags they could find. Turns out they hadn't been paid in like 3 months. Then literally there was no paper in the can. Ugly

quote:

I just got two of them in a box of computer junk at an auction (FLX-3003c) but I can't find drivers for them...not even at the manufacturers website. I guess they are too old. Anybody know how to get them?

I'd try driverguide.com. I've never looked for Spaceball drivers, but I have found a lot of old sound card & modem drivers there that I couldn't find anywhere else.

HTH