Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cutter comp problem

tlarue

Bruce, are you burning the candle at both ends over there?

I remember an earlier post of yours talking about the problems your machines have with running toolpath (wear) instead of partpath (control).

I'm wondering if it depends on the machine controls.

When I started in this business (1981) the shop I worked at used partpath programming because it was easier to write programs by hand. The problem we had was that it took a lot more room to engage the toolcomp. If you were in a tight space or didn't give it enough room you would either get an alarm or an undercut in the part. We were using Fanuc and Fadal style controls.

When we switched over to toolpath programming this problem was eliminated.

We have a mix of iso and hiedi machines. My personal opinion is that a tool table should contain all the relevent data that it is supposed to. Especially on a control such as a heidi TNC where there are a lot of conversational options for the operator to use.

As far as the leadin issue goes the math works out the same either way, your input in the leadin page just needs to be valid. On control comp if you use a perpindicular entry as long as the amount is greater than 50% you are good to go. We did use wear for a while, but like I said, wrong mix of controllers to make it happen.

Bruce