Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ot/ endmills

petro7

Does anybody know of a hss endmill that pushes thin material down onto the table instead of lifting it up while it is cutting.I thought there was a cutter to do this, but maybe i am just losing my mind. Material is 1/16 alum. With a pocket .04 deep.

They make spiral down cut mills. I use them all the time. I also use double stick tape and it will surprise you how well it holds. Since your material is only .0625 thick I might suggest after you machine the part spray mineral spirits around the edges it will dissolve the adhesive and you can pull your part off without too much stress. The mineral spirits will evaporate off quickly.

Good Luck

Yeah, A vacum fixture would be great. I did alot of parts like this over the years and wished I had one. The tape works good too but you got to remember to use narrow strips under the parts so you can desolve the tape with MEK to get the parts off. smile.gif

The super sticky double sided tape works wonders. That and super light DOC's.

I had a part I had to run a while ago, plastic (Ultem1000), 1/4" thick but milled down to 1/16" floor. Was out of tape, managed to make a custom fixture for it and bolt it in the middle in a few places, and it worked great.