Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Having Trouble with Fresh Download Install

Bill L.

I recently had to format my hard drive and have begun the fun process of reloading all of my applications software. I have installed X MR1/SP2 web install. I also installed the X MR2 Beta web install. Both programs are showing the error log upon opening.

The error log for MR1/SP2 is reading the following:

Error L35,C:MCAMXCHOOKSBACKPLOT CONFIG.FT

Error L42,C:MCAMXCHOOKSBOTLCIRCLE.FT

Error 39,C:MCAMXCHOOKSCD_COMPARE.FT

Error L42,C:MCAMXCHOOKSGETVERSION.FT

Error L39,C:MCAMXCHOOKSZip2Go.FT

Error L359,Mastercam.menu

Error L2759,Mastercam.menu

The error log for Beta 2 MR2 is reading the following:

Error L42,C:MCAMXCHOOKSBOTLCIRCLE.FT

Error L39,C:MCAMXCHOOKSCD_COMPARE.FT

Error L42,C:MCAMXCHOOKSGETVERSION.FT

Error L39,C:MCAMXCHOOKSZip2Go.FT

Error L389,Mastercam.menu

Error L2810,Mastercam.menu

Once I proceed by the error log - all seems to look okay. But there are some things missing and others that don't work.

From the Help Menu Drop Down - Zip2Go is not there. Update Manager does not work - I get an error message UpdateManager.Exe - Application Error - "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

When I attempt to invoke certain C-Hooks, like the Zip2Go C-hook, the following error message appears:

Open Error

Mastercam .Net support DLL Nethook.dll not found.

The C-Hooks that don't show that message, show

"Incompatible C-Hooks internalvefrsion number. Recompile and Relink the C-Hook: ..."

It seems that something is missing with the install

Does anyone know what repairs should be made to correct this. I will also mention that I unloaded and reloaded both of these programs several times - the results are the same

Bill

Make sure you have .net installed

Also, I think it was Thad who had some similiar problems to this, a search might turn up the solution.

But start with the .net

John,

Ironically I gave up on getting X to work and continued to load more of my applications. One of which was Norton Ghost. This software provided a link to the .net framework and loaded it. After re-booting and testing X again - I am happy to say almost everything is fixed. The error log is gone!

The only problem I am having is in X MR1. Engrave is not working - I get a C-hook error messaege "Incompatible C-Hooks internal version number. Recompile and Relink the C-Hook: ..."

After checking further, it seems that most of the C-hooks in X MR1 are not working. Ther error message is indicating "Incompatible C-Hooks internal version number. Recompile and Relink the C-Hook: C:MCAMX-MR2CHOOKS..."

I think that may be part of my problem as the folder for X MR1 is C:mcamxchooks.

I have also noticed the title bar for X MR1 shows Mastercam Router X MR2.

If I run Alt-V the version showing is X MR1 (10.1.3.34)

Thanks to those who have offered advise.

Thad - I'm not sure where you got the idea I was trying to use V9 C-hooks?

The Chooks that installed with X MR1/SP2 are the ones not working when I am working in X MR1/SP2. When I attempt to fire them, they are looking to the C:MCAMX-MR2CHOOKS... folder, and I'm not sure why. I am uninstalling and re-installing X MR1/SP2 as I type this, in hopes that another install will correct the issue.

gcode - thanks for your advise, but I was having the same trouble with both programs and did not want to post a double thread - I was hoping to get feedback on what I might have been doing wrong on my system install - I did not really feel it to be a Beta issue - I'm sorry for posting in the wrong area!