Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VIEWS IN A WCS

I'M WORKING IN MC X, AND WHEN I GO TO A PARTICULAR WCS WHICH I CREATED BY ROTATING MY VIEWS, AND NAMING AS A NEW VIEW. ALL OF THE VIEWS ARE CORRECT TO MY WCS, BUT IF I TRY TO ROTATE DYNAMICALY, MYVIEW INSTANTLY APPEARS AS MY ORIGIONAL TOP VIEW. YET IF I SELECT TOP FROM VIEW, IT IS REPRESENTATIVE OF MY WCS. ANY ANSWERS AS TO WHAT MIGHT BE HAPPENING?

Welcome to the forum redneck 32! cheers.gif

At the bottom of your screen in X, click on WCS then pick View Manager from the list. In the upper right corner of the View Manager dialogue box there is a check box labeled 'Update graphics view when WCS changes'. If you check this box I think you'll get what you're looking for. wink.gif

redneck,

It sounds like you're experiencing the view flipping issue that has been around for a while. It seems to be a little better in X, but it's still there.

I've found that after creating different WCSs, if I'm in a feature that will return me to the graphics window to select something, the view flips back to my top view. This becomes cumbersome when I get the part oriented to create another WCS, select geometry, and then when I go to the graphics window to pick my entities, my view gets flipped and I have to re-orient it again. I've also experienced this when selecting holes for drilling, interrogating Z depths for various parameter settings, I think I've even seen it when backplotting. It's not always consistant though. frown.gif One thing that I think is consistant is that it only happens after creating new views.

But, have no fear. It's just an inconvenience...your view's haven't changed. It's purely graphical. I've found that once you get used to when it's likely to happen, some of the time I can avoid it before it happens.

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad