Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do you handle splines?

medaq

I have a customer that uses Tebis. And when his files come in, The whole part is made of surfaces and splines. And for me to recreate the geometry. I have to individualy modify-break-manypieces-by error. And do this for every line individualy. After a 1000 splines this process gets very tedious since there is no modify break manypieces all splines. If I try and convert to arcs. Stuff just goes everywhere. Any ideas on how to easily break up so many splines?

JIm

Creating curves on edges is about 40% succesful. Which is what baffles me to death. I will have a flat surface and create a edge curve. And one half will have nice line and arc info. The other side will be a spline. Driving me nuts atm.

Jim

quote:

How do you handle splines?

Machine them as as. Except for the toolpath(s) where splines aren't allowed (2D Swept comes to mind), and when I'm going to use tool radius comp in the control. Then I break or re-create the geometry needed just for those particular operations. Doing otherwise is a total waste of time, IMO.

In version 9 there wasn't a way to "select all splines" with Modify/Break/by error, each spline needed to be picked. There is a Modify/break/Splines to arcs but if the spline didn't lie within the construction plane then the spline won't be converted. X unfortunitly works the same way. So there isn't a "takes a little longer once a month" scenario happening here. I'll see about putting in a request to be able to select multiple splines.