Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DEFAULTS

Droogie

WE ARE RUNNING LATHE 9.1 AND WHEN WE GO TO POST A PROGRAM WE WOULD LIKE THE NAME OF THE GEOMETRY FILE BEING POSTED TO COME UP WHEN WE'RE ASKED WHAT TO SAVE THE NC FILE AS. RIGHT NOW, WE USUALLY GET SOME OTHER NAME THAT COMES UP AND WE HAVE TO TYPE IN THE NAME OF THE GEOMETRY FILE WE ARE POSTING. ANYONE KNOW IF, AND WHERE THIS DEFAULT CAN BE SET?

THANKS.

DROOGIE

Thanks, Mowens!

Tried that but not what we are looking for. It is when we are asked what to name the NC file when posting that we are wanting to come up as the same as the name of the current geometry file be posted. Probably a bit lazy, but just trying to keep from have to type in the file name more than once.

And yes Droogie he is correct this will save the current file to the name you choose.

Save NCI as the name and good to go. You can also set the configration where the NCI names match the name of the Mastercam file. Look here in the configrations and you will find several default options.

HTH

Droogie,

Doesn't the NCI name default to the name of the MC file name? You don't have to set it. In fact, I don't think you can set it, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I've used V9. It should already be set to the current name of the MC9 file.

You are using V9, right? This was an issue in MCX.

Have you saved the file prior to posting? That might be the problem.

Thad

I think you have to save the file b4 you create any toolpaths. The NCI will default to the current filename at the time of creation.

The setting to default the NCI file to the MC9 file is under NC Settings >> NCI Path Button in the Configuration screen.

HTH