Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G55 changing?

Hey,

I was running our Horizontal today, machining a casting on 3 sides (rotary axis and all that). Side 1 = G54, Side 2 = G55, Side 3 = G56

I set them all up and kinda went for it. Side 1 is all good. No problems at all (doing same op on all sides, face, drill, cbore, tap). On side 2 and 3 the offset? seems to be changing. I got side 1,2&3 all faced good, when it came to drill, s1 drilled fine, s2 the drill was out 3 and some odd inches, same with side 3.

WTF? Adjust my offset (a little baffled at this point) and go again. Drills all good. Goes to cbore and that tool is out too, but only on side 2 & 3. Side 1 is fine. What the frick is going on?!?!?! banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Obviously since side 1 is running fine, it's not the tool length offsets that are out. Oh yeah, and the direction I had to offset was Z + every time (every tool!) from side 2 + 3....

HELP! Please...I am so confubulated...

I have to agree with Dave. Why are u using multiple WCS's with a rotary motion? Are u doing multiple parts and a tombstone or just one? If its an A axis on a VMC, set ur Y&Z to centerline of rotation and then put X wherever u want. Let MC do the rest.

I wish I could post a file, but due to the company privacy policy on their pumps I cannot.

The reason I went with multiple WCS's is that is how I was show to do such a part. It does not have a center that I can easily reference from on my horizontal due to it actually being a casting.

I am still not convinced that it is a MCX error, but rather a machine error. I checked what you said Tim, and everything seems to be in order of where and what I want for planes...

I am stumped. Oh well. It was just an R&D job. If we actually get into production of these, I will look more carefully at my MCX file or the machine to figure exactly where the problem lies.

Thanks for the feedback!