Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

less than a minute off ur time

elraiis

hi guys...

i was wondering when i select setup sheet in Mastercam 9.. is there a way for me to make it show on the setup sheet whats the max and min Z each tool goes?

second... this may sound stupid but i got the books and trying to learn the mastercam 9 as much as i can.. the solids and wireframes. but with no luck. its just not clicking in and then maybe out of despare am starting to wonder will me knowing how to work with solids make my life easier and my programs more efficient? or its not that much worth the struggle. I rather feel embarrassed asking this it will sound stupid.. but u guys keep talking boolean and C Hooks and so on.. WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD IS THAT? eek.gifheadscratch.gif am so lost.

sorry guys.. and thanks

quote:

but u guys keep talking boolean and C Hooks and so on.. WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD IS THAT?

Sounds like a training class with your reseller is just what you need.

chooks are little add on utilities that perform specific functions within MC.

booleans adds and subtract are ways to add or subtract from a solid body.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Also booleans are mathematical formulas. biggrin.gif

The only dumb question areound here is the one you don't ask. BTW the advise to seek a training class or two would be a VERY worthwhile investment.

thx alot guys.. smile.gif but unfortunately i can't take that training class u talk about with mastercam.. i contacted them and they told me that its my company that has to send me.. but unfortunately where i work they wouldn't spend a dollar on us. So my resort was the books on mastercam Website. and i donno why there is nothing for mastercam in Montreal.. seems like most i found was in toronto!!!!?!? headscratch.gif

what about my question regarding solids.. ? is it worth it?

quote:

what about my question regarding solids.. ? is it worth it?

It is worth it for me, but it may not be worth it to you.

Not knowing what kind of work you do, I can't answer your question, but I NEED solids.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The resellers I know of will give classes to anyone with money. biggrin.gif

You may have to invest in your own education even if your company refuses to invest in you. For a number of years I was footing the bill for taking classes at the local Junior College, for 2 years though the company I worked for had tuition reimbursement. It was worth every penny and has paid for itself tens of thousands times over easily.

quote:

You may have to invest in your own education even if your company refuses to invest in you.

What?????

Invest time, money and effort into yourself??

Why on earth would anyone want to do something as silly as that? I mean, it's the employers responsibility to make sure their people are trained, isn't it?

wink.gif

heyyy guys..

smile.gif yes Pete they did buy mastercam and now they're thinking of updating to MCX... They did send ONE guy to Mastercam and he worked for them for a while then they fought and he left and refused to teach anyone anything. biggrin.gif "i don't blame him" they wanted to get MCX right away but i asked them not to.. the layout is sooo different and i was told that all the short cut keys i use on the keyboard are gone! GOING BACK TO MOUSE?! am not sure i wanna do that so i'm not sure it would be a good idea updating.

!!! they have an office in montreal! see there was this exhibition of machining here in montreal and i went and told them that i'm interested in the course. am not sure if i'm missing something here but if i remember right that session was going to cost me almost 3.5k in a week or so no? and after saying yes they told me sorry, we can't take u unless u're sent by your company i swear. anyhow thanks alot for the link i'll chekc it out and i hope i was mistaking.

okkkk.. so solids it is. smile.gif i'll do my best thanks.. and i'm in the telecom field.

thanks alot u dangerous species of MC. cheers.gif

Find the phone number and call them. They all speak english over there:

Simtech CNC Consultants inc.

1600 boul. Portland

Sherbrooke, Québec, J1J 1S9

Tél.: (819) 346-4889

Fax: (819) 346-4867

Québec

Tél.: (418) 871-1212

Longueuil

Tél.: (450) 651-6288