Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

coons surface in X

MIL-TFP-41

I never had much luck with automatic chaining either. I get it right the first time, every time when chaining manually.

I think the net surface is very nice also. Windowing works great on the sample files but no so great on real world parts, in my experience.

Thad

quote:

They DON'T even have to be trimmed or connecting

I've had favorable results with the net surface and have not used the coons c-hook much anymore, although in the past I was very dependent on coons chaining for some surfacing. It has been my experience though that overlapping entities will foil your attempts to create a net surface.

I havent had any trouble with netsurf...yet, but i havent tried using it with overlapping entities present. I to was bit one to many times using auto in coons in mc9, but i now trust net surf...so far. rolleyes.gif