Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sim error

Accu-Molder

I am getting an error saying the "sim has been disconnected you will have one chance to save your work" so I save and mcam closes. I did a search to find some people with same issue awhile back but no responses to why this was happening. It has happened alot on one of our box's with a parallel sim but I had the same error today on mine with a usb style so I wouldn't think that matters. Anyone know why this happens? And how to fix.

I can't say if yours is the same problem, but I was getting the same error message. What I had done was installed V9 after installing X.

I guess they share some files which were over-written during the V9 install.

My problem was corrected by inserting the X CD and choose "repair"

I didnt install 9 after X. I did do a repair on ver. X a couple of weeks ago and everything has been good so for minus the sim error. Shouldn't matter if your using 9 and X at the same time would it I thought they were seperate files for each. I wasnt using them aat the same time of message but do occasionaly go back to ver9 to look at files with X open and havent had any problems.

I was getting this error last week, three or 4 times a day.

I had my SIM plugged into a USB Hub and a 6ft USB extension cord. I got rid of the extension cord and the problem went away.

The USB has a power supply, but I've never used it.

I should have tried using the power supply and the extension cord together as an experiement, but I don't know where the power supply is.

Anyway, the USB hub with its 3 foot cord works fine.

I add a 6ft extension to the 3 foot cord and I start getting problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I fought with that error all day yesterday! Finally, I uninstalled all HASP drivers for V9 and X, uninstalled V9 and X, deleted every file I could find that pertained to either one of them, reinstalled X and so far, everything is fine. :fingers crossed:

Thad