Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Turning coolant on and off?

Jeff2005

Didn't really know what to call the topic since I do understand how to turn spindle coolant on and off. What I don't understand is how do I cut the spindle coolant off in between operations and force the spindle to turn on.

I use the same tool for one operation that uses thru the spindle coolant to get rid of my chips then the next operation I use the same tool that doesn't need to use thru the spindle coolant. It is not turning the spindle back on. Is this a post issue? banghead.gif

please help

thanks in advance.

Jeff,

I think this is something you can fix on your toolpath parameters page, isn't it?

Can't you just set the coolant ON for one toolpath and coolant OFF for the next, or have you done that already?

Like teh Stork said...why is the spindle even turning off in the first place if there's no tool change?

headscratch.gif

Can you post a snippet of your code here so we can better understand what's happening?

confused.gif

It also usually helps if you can tell us what post / control / machine combo you are using. wink.gif

I was doing a hole then I went to an OD which normally I don't use coolant at all with this tool but I used it to remove chips out of the hole.

I may just have to use the flood coolant instead of the thru the spindle, if this comes up again I know that will solve the problem.

It seems to me this would be an easy fix.

M88 is thru spindle on

M89 is off

M08 is flood

M09 is off

Would there be a code to make sure that when the machine turns thru the spindle coolant off that it forces the spindle back on?

It sounds more like a machine issue, than a post issue.