Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Backplot color change with "keep tool down"

Thad

Keep Tool Down seems to mess up my backplot colors. I have all cutting moves set to color 11, the default. When using Keep Tool Down, the first depth cut is light blue, but all remaining depth cuts are white. If I uncheck Keep Tool Down, all passes are light blue again. I can flip the paramters all day to reproduce this. It's like this on 2 computers. I haven't checked the others yet.

Does this happen to you or is it a video issue on my end?

Thad

[ 05-16-2006, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Thad ]

It got a little better by unchecking it. Now only the straight line from the end point to the start point is white, but I get real thick backplot lines again; like this.

Oh well, it's not a big deal. Just wondered if I was alone on this one.

Thad

• 2 weeks later...

Thad, did you ever come up with a solution for the thick backplot lines? I recently installed MR2 and now I'm back to the "thick line" problem you were having. I tried to run the Backplot C-hook again, but it looks like MR2 dumped it. I brought it in from another computer and tried it with the buffer on and off and no luck.

Any ideas?

Thats how my backplot used to look in MR1 (the white lines whith keep tool down enabled). MR2 has my backplot back to normal. disable front buffer doesnt make a difference here. installed over my MR1 so cant check there....

Ive got a quadro fx 1300

quote:

Thad, did you ever come up with a solution for the thick backplot lines?

I fixed it in MR1 by checking "No Front Buffer." Since I've installed MR2, I get the thick lines again whether it's checked or not. It's probably our video card. We told our IT guy what we wanted but he decided to get us a better video card. rolleyes.gif

Thad