Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question for Fanuc user

AllenT

What's the difference between HPCC and AI HPCC? The issue here is with the G05 P1000 turns on(Fanuc 16I), I have very aggressive rapid movement. Is it the same for other controls? I tried on the OKUMA control with HPCC(not AI HPCC) it's pretty smooth with G00 movement. Can anyone shet a light on this?

Thanks in advance

Allen

Well it might be the difference between a R# vaule that may need to be used. Some Fanu have the ability to Set the trainstion or decel/accel amount using the G05 P with a R so you get a rough parameter, Semi finish parameter and then a Finish parameter and I think some have tweaking even from there. I would look in your book and see what you have and then expermient with them and go from there.

HTH

Allen,

Im sure James will pop in here.

G05 P10000 is a look ahead function. On my Makino they call it SGI on the OKK the call it HPCC (High performance contour cutting).

I don't think it should make a differance to your G00 moves.

Oh Sorry John, I missed it, it's G05 P10000 and G05 P0 to cancel it, I had worked on some older Fanuc controls, it's ok with HPCC but with this 16I I have AI HPCC flashing??? and very jerky G00 movement.

Allen

thanks all for the helps, I'll test it tomorrow.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It all depends on weather you have the bell-shape acceleration or not. Without it, you'll get a little more jerky motion in rapid. You can adjust parameters though and smooth that out.

James,is it complicated to adjust the parameters to smooth that out? when I first got the machine (OKUMA-HOWA), there was scary grinding noise when I turned the G05 P10000 on, It took 3 guys from Fanuc to fix that problem, I asked them about the jerky G00, they were reluctant to answer that question?!?! finally they told me to slow down the rapid between cuts! to 5 or 10 %, the toolpath with a lot of retractions,it seems to take forever, I don't have the bell-shape acceleration, what parameters should I adjust?

thanks for your helps James.

Allen