Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Slow MC performance

Bruce Caulley

Ahoy!

I have noticed that X is getting awfully slow on some of the larger files even when doing simple processes. eg:

My pc - twin Zeon 3.2ghz with 4gig ram Win2000

When the operations manager starts getting over 100 ops in it everything slows down. I am not regenning these ops, they are just sitting there. File size is about 55 meg. I am up to 315 ops in 20 groups and have about 50% performance loss. I know this is a lot of ops, but what background resources could they possibly need if they aren't being re-processed??????

Another pc - single Zeon 3.2ghz with 4gig ram Win2000

30 meg file with a couple of very (physically)large solid models. No many toolpaths yet, but if you view the tool parameters page, changing tabs takes about 30 seconds. It also takes this long to exit out of the page.

What should we do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Bruce

Ok. The file with the biggest performance drain seems to be working better now that one of the large solid models in the file has been converted to surfaces and the solid deleted. Silly thing is that no toolpaths reference this solid $*@&%.

Anyway, thanks Greg and all for the help.

Bruce