Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Finishing flat areas on a solid model

John Giess

I have been using 9 and X for over a year here at the college. Doing a lot with 2D and solids not much with surfaces. Have made good progress with most 3D surfacing toolpaths. One thing that I am still not clear on is how to clean up flat surfaces after I have done a rough pocket on a solid model. I usually find one way or another to get it done. Why is there no finish pocket operation? I have always wondered that... I just want to take a flat end mill and get the flat areas cleaned up fast. Do most of you use finish parallel or do you use the rough pocket and finish it in one cut?

It seems like when working with surfacing on solids, some of the easy things are hard to do and the hard things are easy to do. (Just my opinion)

Thanks for the help!!

John