Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Memory Error

Harpo

I wanted to ask if anyone has ran across this problem? 90% of the time when I goto creat a dimension off of geometry. I'm able to pick one point and when I goto pick the other point.could be the first Dim or the last one i creat(differ every time) MCX crashes and gives me this error:

(the instruction at "0x03300bd0" referenced memory at "0x0330bd0". The memory could not be "read" Click ok to terminate the program)

I will get the same error everytime with that file.

with another file I got :

(the instruction at "0x6980f965" referenced memory at "0x0000002a". The memory could not be "read" Click ok to terminate the program)

but this file I had it crash at differ points Like goto save,trans form,click on a tool operation,etc. would crash at differ operations/features,just about at any point(very bad day that day).

Even if I reboot the pc. I will get the same problems.

Now I thought that I had a memory issue so I ran Microsofts mem test software and found nothing wrong. And now our other guy has ran into the same error as the last one I got. The same numbers too.

MCX MR2 Mill Level3 XP Pro

What kind of setup you running ??

If asking about PC:

XP Pro

Dell WS Pw370

P4 3.40ghz & 3.39 ghz

2.00 gb ram

Quadro FX 1400 w/ daul monitors set to horizonal span.

yes I have read/write priv's

I have Admin Priv's

I had this happen when I got my new computer, and fought with it for a week or so, calling dell tech support, etc. Over the last few weeks I have updated my nvidia graphics drivers and haven't had it happen since. It was crashing while just moving my mouse across the screen a few times.

Im running 81.67 drivers at the moment, with no problems. It didn't make much sense to me, having to replace graphics drivers to fix what appeared to be a mouse driver problem, but I had changed those and it didn't help.

If you can't find any other opinions or solutions, give the graphic driver change a try.