Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Working with Solids...

Kyle Waters

Ok all, I am quite sure that I am an invalid, so please speak VERY slowly. I am creating a solid model that I later want to machine. I am having great difficultly tilting and rotating the part so that I can properly set my construction planes. I won't be doing any 3D milling only 2D. The example for using the constuction planes in the manual is quite a bit simpler than what I am doing,so I am not getting far. I just finished crying and whining to my bosses how difficult this can be without a training manual, so one is on the way. Of course, I need to complete this yesterday(I am sure you all can relate) so any help is greatly appreciated. I am using X mill level 3.

Can you make your file available on the FTP?

If you just doing positioning work, there is the option of using transform >> rotate, there is also axis substituion. Or maybe setting up a T plane to get where you need. It's tough without know what it is you have to do.

Here's what I keep getting:

An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to access that folder.

Details:

The connection with the server was reset.

I checked already to be sure that my settings matched the instructions....

Well, what I need to do is first create all of the pocketing aspects. There are 7 different set-ups required. The point that is on the left side face at Y0 with WCS set to TOP(in my original file) will be the "start point" for 5 of the operations. I want to tilt(based on Front View)and rotate(off tilted Front view)then set my construction plane and I think my WCS at the intersection of the curve on the face and Y0. As far as the manufacturing part goes, wouldn't I set the T-plane at the desired point and that would be my "work zero"?.

slave,

let me ask you this, do you want help modeling or machining the part, if you need help modeling, we need to know the geometry for the missing features, if machining, we need to know the geometry for the missing features.

thanks,

Jg

The "pocket set-up" is tilted up 40.723 degrees of of the front system view. Then from the intersection of the curve on the left side face and Y0 in the top system view create a point X-.1059 Y1.2607 Z-.123 so that this will be the "0" point when machining. All the other set-ups need to be tilted and rotated. I started with this one because I didn't have to rotate.