Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vbs

mario

Hi Mario,

Is there a reason that you can not use the General Selection toolbar to accomplish this? If you look on the General Selection toolbar there are two buttons on the Left hand side, "All" and "Only". If you press on the All button, the Select all dialog box will appear. Enable the Check box next to the Point/Style button and then click on the "Point/Style" button. The display box below the buttons should change to Point style masks. Then you can enable the 3D star type and press the OK green check mark. This will select all of the points in your file (assuming all of your levels are turned on). Then you can simpily press the delete key. Sorry I can't help you with a VB script for this (I'm not that good with VB yet), but I don't think you really need one. I think the General Selection toolbar already has the functionality that you need built right into it.

Hope that helps,

Colin

Hi Mario,

I should have read your post more carefully. You are running Version 9 correct? In version 9 you would do this: Delete - All - Mask (press the mask button at the bottom of the menu). This would get you into the Mask settings and let you select all of the 3D star point style.

-Colin

Mario,

You would still have to press a button to launch the VB Script dialog box, navigate to the correct script, and double click the script to run it. Version 9 does not have the ability to map a VB script to a button (correct me if I'm wrong V9 guru's). You can do this in Mastercam X by creating a NETHook that associates a button with a VB script.

-Colin

quote:

I know you can create a new toolbar button in Version 9, but can you map that button to a VB script?? I'm not sure you can do that in V9. Correct me if I'm wrong...

quote:

Yes you can map to a vb script.

You have been corrected biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

Mario,

I don't know. You'll have to read the Help on that one, unless someone else here knows. I haven't used V9 since X came out and I forget more of it each day. biggrin.gif I never used macros in V9 and have only dabbled in it with X.

Thad

From the doc file...

quote:

The DLL can be located “anywhere”, but the VBS file it is to run
must
be located in the folder configured in Settings-Configuration, File topic, Data paths!

I thought all chooks/nethooks have to be in the chooks folder. headscratch.gif It doesn't really matter to me because it works! cheers.gif

Thad