Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horz set-ups

Reece L Gibson

Hello Guys,

Here we have a lot of big horizontal milling machines. We work with 2 different methodes. On of the mathods is the center your part on the rotary table and place your work origin in the center of the table which is the center of the part. The other method we use, involves a macro that I have made that rotates the table and calculates the position of the point you picked for your first origin and puts it in a new work offset. Both methods work well but we found out that we had less errors from our machinists when we used the first method simply because it is easier for them to check if everything is good.

Hope this is the information you requested

I would agree with Martin, the easiest way is to set up the part and/or fixture to the center of the rotary table (B axis) and to program everything in Mastercam with this position.

You can use different machine offsets (G54, G55, ...) for each tombstone face if you want, it depends really on the application.

Luc

on a machine i use to work on..we just used the G54,G55..etc settings

then master cam positions are free to the programmer..

we did alot of parts on one machine..and found that we ran out of fixture offsets..

and it was a pain for the setup..so then i put in a macro G53 position offset..so each program offset the 0 from the center of the tombstone..

this way it allowed us unlimited offsets..and after the first pickup the program was set..just put on the fixture and run..program was made and the macro settings were on the first line of the program..