Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

which one do i trust?

Jack Neelands™

hi all ...Been trying to do an undercut with a lollypop cutter ...the posting is working great thanks to Dave Thompson....but now im not sure what to trust here ...i backplotted this using normal back plot and then simulate 4 axis and got 2 different results.....which one do i trust?

the good

good.jpg

the bad

bad.jpg

or the ugly?

lynx-cats-02.jpg

yes sadly enough im getting the same thing with X when i bring it in from v9...when i try to reprogram from scratch i get a disasterous result that is nothing like what i need in version X...the program is on the ftp site called lolly2 zip in the mc9 folder...i followed the example you gave me to a tee jay and sadly its not cutting where i want it to cut you will find in a previous post about 5 days ago called post problem and im not sure what its doing ...when i try to cut that back wall of the part it just cuts air and the clips the part as you will see in the verify in version X...is there another way i can cut this? confused.gif

I just looked at your part and I hate to break it to you Snappy but I'll be darned if that doesn't look lika 5 axis job, or it might could be done on a live tooling lathe, like the mazak, veri?????? I can't remember the name of the thing now. But you are going to play hell getting that thing programmed with just 3 axis.

If yo don't have many to make you could break it up using a super spacer.

without too much digging into it, it looks like its going to be a pain int a**

get this ...my IT guy just updated the corperate micorsoft trend virus on our puters here and refused to whiteboard this website leaving me no access to this site at all ...i had to log in @home this morning just to get this msg to you guys...anybody know any anonomous proxy sites that are free that i can use to get on here?

I have to apologize, i wasn't aware that you had 4th axis capabilities. there are several ways to attack that puppy then. let me look at it that way. I get back to you, if you still need help.

Good luck

p.s.

I have no problem talking to your boss, but i seriously doubt it would do any good......lol.

What may help you is to get a quote from a 5-axis shop and if its less than what your shop can do it for, that would be the proof in the pudding. Be careful though, some boss' don't like to be shown up, and especially by a lowly

programmers such as we are:)