Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut vs. MC verify

TheePres

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

If you have both Vericut and Mastercam, it is not an extra cost for this chook to work

I don't own Vericut, but I've got a V5 price list

that says the Mastercam/Vericut chook is a $1000

addon

The trouble with using this chook is that it runs

on the Mastercam NCI file.

If you have a post error or a bad tool plane, you'll get the same results in Vericut as you would in Mastercam Verify.

Pretty pictures on your screen, but crashes and scap on the machine.

Posted gcode is the only way to go

I can confirm the $1000 price tag but the instructions say that you can verify both nci and

posted code. However, I'm still waiting for someone to install, since we just got it on my request.

quote:

If you wish to verify G-code data previously generated by one of Mastercam's post-processors, select the "Verify G-Code" option. This will enable five additional input fields in the dialog, for the specification of the G-code files and location of the stock on the machine.

vericut.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The MasterCam to Vericut interface will run the NCI file or the posted data. It does not run the g-code via the NCI as described above. It runs the actual G-code file itself.

If you want to test it, take an nci file and post it out to G-code. Then, open the G-code file and type in a few X,Y,Z moves and see what happens. If it is running the G-code file you will see axis motion in the Vericut simulation of the additional data you added to the G-Code file. Or, delete the NCI file then run the G-code in Vericut.

Just a note. Vericut does control emulation of G-code data. Meaning it is not just moving a tool through out the point data to create the geometry. It actualy simulates the machine behavior depending on which G & M code cycles are active.