Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

red arrow of doom

tooling

Is there a way to keep the red arrow at the bottom of you tool paths until you drag it where you want it? It usually stays at the bottom until I write a tool path that needs to be the last operation. Then wham it moves the arrow someplace in the middle and crashes the cutter.

I think I have all the updates.

MCX MR2

• Like 1

quote:

I think it is a little better in X2.

Are you a beta tester or did you think I meant MR2? X2 is not out yet. wink.gif

I recall hearing about a keep it to the bottom unless I move it option coming out. Maybe it does that now and I just haven't paid attention. biggrin.gif

Thad

I want to get this thread going again.It seems like I spend more time trying to straighten out what the little "RED xxxx" screwed up!I got in the habit of dragging & dropping similar toolpaths a long time ago & the arrow gets lost in the dust.It won't move for whatever reason when you do that.Cut & paste works fine(as long as he is hiding in the right place when you hit paste.I think it still needs a little work.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Mark Graham

Austin Machine

Mark,

If you select your ops and right click drag and drop, you have the option of copying/moving them before/after. Then the red arrow never comes into play. If you import ops or add new ones, then you have to play by the "red arrow of doom's" rules. biggrin.gif

Thad

quote:

you just have to pay attention to where you left it.

That about sums it up.

Like you Mark, I keep forgetting too. I've used MC for so long without it, it's one of the few things that I can't get used to. Fortunately, I realize it as soon as I add new ops. At that point, it's just a matter of putting them where I want them. That's what I'm used to doing anyway. biggrin.gif

Thad