Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

BACK POLT TIME ON X

RObert TImby

quote:

If I remember right, all drilling cycles gave faulty times. Drilling a few holes would take 8 hours, etc.

I dont find my drill cycles to be off nearly as much as my tap cycles, but is there a way i can set my backplot not to include any cycles in the estimated time, or do I just have to unselect all drill/tap cycles?

I'm obviously way off on this one. redface.gif

I quit paying attention to the drilling times since they've been faulty in previous versions and haven't looked at them since. I also assumed that since MC can't show me a peck cycle (the physical pecks), then how can it give me a cycle time? I was wrong.

Thad

inaccurate to my humble opinion, both in toolpaths and in drilling.

Ive got a small fanuc, which is very fast in toolchange and rapid movements, as i told above in version 6 and 7 the backplot time and the machine time were allmost the same, only a few seconds of. in x its a few minutes of in a cycle of 10 minutes. x does it faster then my machine.

banghead.gif

If anyone knows a way to fix this, please let me know

Johan

quote:

I have a question on this topic, I program my taps using the pitch of the thread, and if I backplot with the tap selected, it will add around 3 hrs to the backplot est. time. Is there a way to set this up to be more acurate?

Yes. enter your spindle speed, and accecpt the feed as given in IPM. Modify the post to output the pitch and not the feed.

This will correct your cycle time proble, and automate the feedrate entry.

quote:

Yes. enter your spindle speed, and accecpt the feed as given in IPM. Modify the post to output the pitch and not the feed.

This will correct your cycle time proble, and automate the feedrate entry.

I was thinking about that, but the problem is that I have 11,500 programs, and aprox 75% of them have tap cycles. I am woried that someone will repost old programs (WTH do people do that? headscratch.gif ) and the feed will be off, and the operator wont pick it up. I would rather be safe and not change it.

:EDIT:my taps in the tool library are actully drills discribed as taps.