Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fidia operator's manual

pkrzic

Hello,

My company just bought an old 5-axis machine with a FIDIA M20 control. We got no additional documentation about programming this control. I searched through internet but I could not find any downloadable operator's/programming manual.(Heidenhain, Fanuc and Sinumeric manuals are all easy to find and free to download).

Does any one know where could I find an operator's/programming manual for this control?

Thanks.

Your probably going have to purchase a new one from them. I ran a 3 axis 30,000rpm fidia for over a year, boy did i hate that machine, fast, but sloppy as hell, toolpaths did not blend well together. you really need the book because it has some strange eia format, and will crash if not setup right. is it a 3+2 or a real 5 axis.

FIDIA Co.

1397 Piedmont , Suite 800

Troy - Michigan 48083 - U.S.A.

Tel. +1 - 248 - 6800700

Fax +1 - 248 - 6800135

E-mail: [email protected]

www.fidia.com

I ran a 3-axis Seaburg machine with a Fidia controller. I hated that thing! I used to know a tech-support guy from Fidia in the U.S. from Michigan and he had a tech-support office part-time here on the west coast of the U.S. I can try to contact him and maybe help you. It has been five years since I had contact with him.

Give me the controller number you have and maybe I can get a copy from my old employer.