Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

at new job w/ MCX

terry5357

well I finally made it to the new work place with all the latest and greatest of MC and SolidWorks.

Old job got really pissed when I gave notice. I sent a courier over to get my toolbox and they wouldn't let him have it. I had iniatially given them 2 weeks but when they wouldn't give the courier my box ( inital price to move box was $20.40 after the guy spent 45 minutes therer tryin g to get my box it turned into $75 and no box delivered) since they wanted to be xxxx I told them that they could consider me gone. They said that they couldn't let my box go out before looking in it to be sure nothing of there's was being taken. I asked them "did you look in it when I brought it in, no you didn't, so how can you tell whats yours and whats mine." I didn't have anything of their's casue they didn't have **** to work with anyway. What so you need to trim bathtubs

Im sorry that they gave you a hard time. I have had people quit on me and it does feel like the are betaying you, but I know that they found a better job. So i can not hold that against them, I have quit jobs also. Its hard on both parties most of the time, and your old boss turns into arshole mode. I hope the new job works out and you have some good people and equipment to work with, that goes alongway in enjoying the job. cheers.gif

Good luck on the new job!

I also have been there, after ten years at my last job I told them I had another offer, and they walked me out the door. I had always gotten along with the boss, but when I mentioned a new job he turned 360 degrees.

quote:

They said that they couldn't let my box go out before looking in it to be sure nothing of there's was being taken

Even if you had tools that were questionable about ownership, don't they think you were smart enough to take them home before you gave your notice?

Anyway, it sounds like you got out not a moment to soon. biggrin.gif