Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post G54 and G55 in program

DavidB

I want to have G55 in my first two toolpaths then G54 for the folowing toolpaths.

In the first two toolpaths I set the Work offset to 1 this posts out G55 great.

But I can't get the G54 on the remander of the toolpaths.

I set the Work offset back to -1 but it does not stick and every time I reopen the toolpath it's back to being unticket and greyed out.

G55.jpg

Toolpaths 1 and 2 have a Work offset of #1 which gives G55.

Toolpaths 3 and 4 have no Work offset but the posted code is still G55 where I want G54.

Thanks cheers.gif

John,

I must have my thinking wrong on how this function works.

I'm using a 5-axis machine.

I set toolpath 3 to zero like you say this uses T/plane Right side.

Then I want toolpath 4 and all following toolpaths to be G54. Toolpath 4 uses Tpalne Left side when I set work offset to zero for this toolpath I get a error "Work offset number already in use for different view defined in operation"

How can I get all toolpaths after the first two to be G54 using different TCplanes?

Thanks

I'm thinking I must be thinking wrong in the way this work offset works.

If I want to use Top Tplane and have a G54 I don't need to put any value into the plane parameters of the toolpath.

But then If I want to use Top Tplane and use G55 I need to put in 1 in the plane parameters.

Now in the View manager Top has a 1 in the work offset # colum.

So how can Top output put a G54 or G55 for different toolpaths?

When I post a toolpath with NO work offset value and a toolpath that has a 1 in the work offset I get all toolpaths with a G55.

I have a vice set on the table and it's always G55 so operaters know.

Then on the same machine table there is a rotary roatary where centre of the primary axis is always set to XYZ zero G54 this is the standard in our shop.

I want to use the Vice G55 to do the first ops then move to the rotary G54 all in the same program.

What I can do is create two machine operations in the toolpath manager and put the vice ops in 1 machine def and the remander toolpaths in another machine def but give them all the same NC name and they will post together.

I just thought I should be able to do it in one group?

Maybe my post is not set up right to read the work offsets?

quote:

What I can do is create two machine operations in the toolpath manager and put the vice ops in 1 machine def and the remander toolpaths in another machine def but give them all the same NC name and they will post together.

If highlight all of the ops. Right click and edit common then change nc name to the same. Anytime you try posting even if you have just one op posted it will ask you if you want to post all. Just click yes and all ops will be posted.

David,

Have you tried creating them as named views? You can copy the top and name it G55 with an offset of 1, you can then create your rotary view and name it G54 with a 0 for the offset. This is how it works for us.

HTH

Glenn

P.S. We never use the regular views, we always name them. That way when we look at something, we just have to select Gview/named and pick what setup we are doing. It then shows the same as it is on the machine.