Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help !! Drill point Selection: Mask on Arc

Jimic

How to Mask on Arc on drill Point selection.

I try to select the same holes diameter with different depth by using

Drill Point Selection:

Mask on Arc.

I have tried using mask on dia of holes size or color.

But it shown

Error

No point selected

I have done that on V.9 without any problem. Somehow, I couldn’t make it work on MR2

Why ?? Even the Help section didn’t shown the step to do it. Please help.

Jimic,

After selecting the first arc to match the diameter, one must then select all the other possible geometry for drilling. This is so Mastercam can compare all the other sized arcs to the first one selected and properly choose the same size for drilling. The easiest way to do this is just click on the "All" button in the General Selection ribbon bar and select all the remaining arcs on the screen. After this, the prompt will ask you to select more or press "Enter" if you're done selecting your geometry. The green circle "End Selection" button in the General Selection ribbon bar can also be clicked instead of pressing the "Enter" key on the keyboard. See pics below. HTH cheers.gif

330wp4w.jpg

2my0vew.jpg

34ove6d.jpg

"D'Oh!" Too Slow. Desire for including images for "WOW" presentation killed response time. Todd Tracey also mentioned another great way to select the remaining arcs to be compared to. Use window instead of All Arcs if you prefer. biggrin.gif

Sorry guys.

I still cannot make it work. Even folloeing yours instructions.

Here how I done it and you mighht ponit out my mistake.

-Toolpath

-drill Toolpaths

-Drill point selection

-Mask on Arc

on screen shown: select arc to match

-Only

that the only button hightlighted to select ?

-color

blue

-Enter ( green check mark)

Nothing happened, back to square one ??

My End selection Green Ball is not hightlighted.

when using mask on arc you are selecting a specified dia. arc search, it will only look for arcs of the size of the arc you pick to use as a search example.

So if you have a drawing with 10 .25 dia. holes the process would go like this. Toolpaths, drill toolpaths, mask on arc, pick 1 of the arcs(it should turn yellow), now you have to use mouse to place a window around all the arcs on your drawing, once you click to set the window all arcs should turn yellow, now to start the search for .25 dia. arcs you need to hit the enter key, a box will appear in graphics window showing how many arcs of that size it found and plotted the toolpath to, hit the green check mark in the drill point selection box, the toolpath parameter box should pop up to let you pick tool and set parameters.