Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

highfeed Ti

Surface

Machining quite a bit of titanium here and none of the tool company ever offered me a high feed cutter to test. I would doubt on the tool life. They must be about to come up with something. So far variable helix or double variable helix end mills works very good for me in roughing (slotting, pocketing, etc...).HTH!

Simon

I have trialled Iscar's feedmill in 6al4v and it worked a treat. Cutter: FF EW D25-050-W25-06-C Insert: FF WOCT 060212T IC928 Cutting speed 40m/min feed per tooth 0.60mm DOC 1mm WOC 19mm

Flood coolant. We probably could have increased those numbers 50% and still had acceptable results.

HTH

Bruce

• 7 months later...

There is a distributor here in toronto that sells endmills they produce in house. The 1/4 flat will remove 6AI-4V at a 160-190SFM 2450-2900 RPM 8.0 IPM with a 1Xdiazal cut with 100% radial step over. Now if you are willing to go to the 1" endmill the feeds for the same cut are 610-720RPM 9-10.5 IPM The company is calleed True-Broach Machine and tool and if you like I could send you there information. I don;t have a quote for either of those cutters but I use the 1/2 all the time and this cutter is awesome and is only about 20% more in price to the standard all purpose ones KBC sells

I sent an E-mail to True Broach this morning.

Thanks for the info.

I talked with another Iscar rep Friday morning and he suggested 130SFM max and .05 feed per tooth. Which works out to 397 RPM and 60IPM. I have tried these now and I am still only getting about 5 minutes on the inserts before we have to roll them. They seriously underbid these parts and I need to get the run time down as low as possible.

Later,

Kevin C. smile.gif