Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 autosave backup

Jody

In X Mr2 backup did not backup the autosave file ([email protected]) it would only backup the file that I am working on (job number123@100). Now in X2 It is still backing up the working file, but now also the autosave file and it does not limit the number of backups of the autosave to the 10 that is in the config. So I just deleted 71 files named [email protected] thru [email protected] in the directory that I am working on. Is that right? My dealer said that is what his does also. I like the X MR2 backup better.

Thank you

Jody

• 4 weeks later...

I just started using X2 yesterday. In MR2, I had the autosave and backup feature turned on. I had the autosave set to auto.mcx on my destop and had a directory for the backups. In MR2, whenever autosave would kick in, I would get a current auto.mcx on my desktop and and [email protected] - [email protected] in my backup directory. The job files would also backup in the backup directory as [email protected] - [email protected]. This was fine. I would periodically purge the backup directory but my auto.mcx on my desktop was always most recent.

Now...

In X2, the backups are fine with the exception of the autosave file. As said at the beginning of this thread, I get many more autosave and they are not even configured as the backups are set. I get these even though I have checked to overwrite the file. It is creating an [email protected] thru auto@???.mcx file every time auto save kicks in. If I regenerate 9 toolpaths, I get 9 autosaves on my desktop. I get no backup auto save in the backup directory, only job file backups.

Is a patch in the works to make this work like MR2? Or is there some other fix in the works other than turning off auto save?

Rick

I use autosave with interval of 7 min. and overwrite current file, backup is set to 10 files. I have found if I use autosave.mcx as the autosave file when moving between files it is easy to overwrite the current file without realizing it until you go back.

I have also found in X that Autosave promt before save has to be turned off, or there will be crash/locking problems.

I don't want to turn off AutoSave either. Having X2 function as in X, would be fine for me.

Does anyone know if CNC Software intends for it to behave as in X, or are there other plans in the works that just aren't quite there yet?

Hopefully whichever solution is presented, it will come quickly. wink.gif

Rick