Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pdf Files

GREG

This customer is a pain in the arse

They only want to send PDF files and from what I

can figure out is that its basicly a screen dump.

I was wondering if there was a PDF drawing package

so we could import PDF and export IGES or DXF.

We are still required to M/c there parts to there

drawing as there drawn geometry overides dimensions.

Im going to tell them to wake up and smell the coffee.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did they eat paint chips when they were young?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROFL

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

That's hilarous.

Maybe a little too much Mercury in their fish?

PDF FILE! What a laugh.

Charge them more money just for being "lead"paint chip eaters! But on a more serious note try to find out from your customer why there sending out only Pdf files. Maybe they just Clueless. Be nice & act real professional with out a pie face laughing snickerin grin.

R-O-F-O-L-M-M-F-A-O. Man i cant wait to tell my buddys about this one! PDF files hahahahah

There is a way to bring in a PDF into Mastercam. First, through using some Adobe product you can convert PDF to EPS. Then there is a EPS converter in some addon products for Mastercam. I believe the Router addon has it as does the engrave chook from Camaix. If you go this route, it will bring in the geometry much cleaner than using Ras2vec.

[ 02-19-2002, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Mark H ]

Main Entry: pad·dock

Pronunciation: 'pa-d&k, -dik

Function: noun

Etymology: alteration of Middle English parrok, from Old English pearroc, from Medieval Latin parricus

Date: 1622

1 a : a usually enclosed area used especially for pasturing or exercising animals; especially : an enclosure where racehorses are saddled and paraded before a race b Australian & New Zealand : an often enclosed field

Our company stores all of it's files under PDF. The reason for it is because we send prints to other companies and adobe is downloadable from the internet. We have many variations of cad and cam packages being used at my co. This is a way that everybody can browse all the prints in the company. They don't need Pro-E/Cadra/Mastercam/ on their computer to look at the different drawings. They are saved both ways so we can still bring them in as Iges/dwg/dxf/step/etc. It's a simple process to turn a print to a PDF. It has saved time being able to email a print and getting a good picture rather than a fax. I think it was a good move on our part tosave them this way. wink.gif

In my humble opinion, sending a PDF file to be used as a CAD/CAM electronic version of the part is ridiculous.

Why not ask them to fax it out, at least this way you don't have to print it out yourself!!!!

Luc

Well, PDF's are now quite commonly output from several CAD systems, to replace the physical plotting or printing out of drawings.

Its possible that they have output the PDFs from either Pro Engineer or Autocad (two "PDF capable" programs I've received files from)

Obviously, both programs can export far more suitable formats.