Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 OPENING WITH A DIFFERENT MACHINE THEN THE DEFAULT

DANC

X2 OPENING WITH A DIFFERENT MACHINE THEN THE DEFAULT IS SET TO. MY DEFAULT MACHINE LIBRARY IS SAVED ON MY NET WORK NOT ON MY C DRIVE. I TRIED SAVING A COPY TO THE C DRIVE BUT STILL OPENS WITH A DIFFERENT MACHINE. RUNNING XP PRO. ANY IDEAS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS ?

How is it opening?

Are you trying to go file new with an already open file or is it a problem on start up?

If you already have a file open, go into design first and then file new, then when you load a machine def the default will start

If it starts with one you dont like and you want to get rid of it. Make the one you want below it. Then move the one you do not want after that one and then you can delete that machine group. Sucks that you can not erase a machine group if it starts with the wrong one, but this way does get rid of it without you having to restart a session in design to get what you want.

HTH

PS: if you want it to only start in design you have to do what was suggested point the shortcut ot start in design then you can pick what machine you want from there.

[ 01-03-2007, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Crazy^Millman ]

This is what I have been doing to change the machine group with out adding then deleting a group.

In the operations manager open the machine properties.

Click on the "files" folder then the machine group properties box will open.

Click on the "replace" folder in the machine- toolpath copy field.

Next pick the .MMD file that you want.

Then click done.

You will see the machine def. is changed

Whenever I start a new file , my config is set so my start up product is design.

I go machine type >> design

File >> new

I get a new file with no machine def, now I do a file save as, I save the file under the name I will use.

I add my machine def, it pickes up my filename and toolpath group names based on my settings.

• 2 months later...

We had this same problem, and there seems to be a bug in the way mastercam saves the config file. Take a look at you .config file on line 25000. (Mill Machine Definition) and see if the path and filename for your Mill Machine Definition are correct. For us all the options within MasterCAM seemed correct but when we looked at the .config file in notepad the path was correct but the filename was incorrect. It was odd, and I still don't know why the config within mastercam remains correct even with an incorrect .config.

-Craig