Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Probing Package

cqualls

cqualls,

No it doesn't run in mastercam. How it works is; You import your posted code from mastercam, then you import your solid model, then you create probing functions similar to creating toolpaths, then you add them to you code, then you repost and load into your machine and go. The only major draw back is that if you have to modify a toolpath in mastercam you have to re-insert your code into the renisahw package.

We got the demo from a Texas Renishaw dealer that contacted me when I requested info from the Renishaw website.

Haas machines have the Renishaw Easyset software option. With it, you can teach the machine (at the control) the probing routine then save it with the program. Currently we either hand code then paste it in or use the quickcode editor to create it. Mainly used for locating rough casting fixture offsets and checking flatness when done.

We're starting to look at the Renishaw Productivity Plus as well as a better method for process control.

--

Bill

• 5 weeks later...

Randy,

The Renishaw AEpro is not the same as the Inspection plus software. It is a stand alone PC based CAM program for programming probe routines for CNC's. Its works with imported solids and has a post processor to output Gcode, including macros. The cost is very close to a single seat of Mcx Mill level 1, so thats why I had to wait for finance to approve.

BTW, we just got the software last week. I am very impressed so far. After only having the software for a few hours I was able to make probing routines for part set-up and inprocess inspection including work offset and tool length/dia updates as well as remachining and printing.

AEpro.jpg