Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

okuma post

rchoward

I am new to this site.

I am travelling high to the mountain top looking for help from the zen masters

i run an okuma 4020 machine

my post generates a G53 Z0. command at the end of each tool

it also generates a G53 X0. Y0. Z0. at the end of each program

another code i want to omit is an A0. after each tool change

i want all these codes to not be generated as they are death moves that need to be edited on each program... it is just a matter of time until i forget and go boom

any help on thsi would be awsome...

i want to learn more about posts... but i am afraid to ask

use the FILE EDIT PST to edit the post you are using and look thru it for the ofending text inside of "Quotes" usually thats where I find these special lines of code that I do not want.

SAVE a copy under a different name first so you can go back to the way your post was if you delete/change the wrong thing.

then post a program and see if you get what you want do a single tool program and a multi-tool program as the post uses different section of code to run each.

The answer does lie within the allmighty post, and there are many people on this forum that could re-do it for you. However I have found a great deal of on going and free post support from my mastercam dealer, that would be a good place to start. Well, not mine but yours!

The quick answer is that not all posts are created equally. Even the default Mpfan post has changed in structure from V6 to V7 to V8/V9. To make the edits, you'll need to hunt down the correct postblocks to modify. The correct postblocks will depend entirely on your post and its lineage. Your reseller should always be the best place to look for these type of modifications. The post questions that actually get on the forum are either very general questions, or very specific with code examples. A specific question about an unspecified post is fairly impossible to address.

[ 03-07-2002, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

• 1 month later...

We run two Okumas, a MX55VB vertical machining centre, with a 12000RPM BT50 spindle, and a LB25II lather. I've yet to see a control that beats an Okuma for flexbility. I've used Meldas, Fanucs, Seicos, Yasnac as well as Okuma, and imho, the Okuma has the best cycles, for ease of programming. They're just so damn expensive smile.gif

(My opinion, of course)

In line with previuos posts:

1. Make backup copy of original post;

2. Set variable fastmode to 0;

3. Run the post and determine the post block name that is outputting the unwanted code (written at the end of the line;

4. Probably post blocks you are looking for are ptlchg0, ptlchg and peof.

5. Put an astericks (#) in front of the line that is outputting the wrong code.

6. Test run the post again.

7. Don't forget to reset variable fastmode when all is said and done.

Just my 2%

Luc

md: I'd be keen to look at the post. Does it output the M15/M16 to define the direction of rotation for the 4th axis? I've been looking at implementing that into my current post, but I cant seem to get it to work.

I'll email you from home, so you have my home email addy smile.gif