Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis cicular interpolation

PT1VZ1

Well I guess the fisrt question would be does the machine support axis sub. This would be the only way I could think of to get masteram to output the code you are looking for since I am assuming the head moves and not the material and it would be a vertical set-up. Also are the whole planear or are they 3d ellipse to make circles whihc would not be a true circle.

Do you have the filters turned on to make arc in your toolpath operations?

What kind of axis subs would be needed? I think that the manual teach box that the machine also has uses sub routines for it's programs. As far as I know the holes are planear not 3d elipse. I use a plane to control tool axis control in the toolpath? And the circles are created nomally. What filters are you refering to? The post that were using was written for us.

I doubt that the control supports circular in any plane except X,Y, but I could be wrong, since I haven't seen the manual. If it does support circular, the postprocessor writer would need to see the 'rules' in the manual. In a tilting rotary table, the plane of the off-axis circle is rotated into the X,Y plane, so the control can use normal X,Y circular.

The geometry used to create the toolpath are lines and arcs, rarely splines unless doing a blend around trimline or something. The reason for not wanting small increments is that the machine isn't able to process them fast enough to run at faster feedrates.

Greg

When you filter a toolpath, Mastercam replaces toolpath moves that lie, within a specified tolerance, in a straight line with a single tool move. You can also optionally replace multiple linear tool moves with an arc move of a specified minimum and maximum radius.

The Filter settings dialog box lets you set parameters for toolpath optimization, which include:

¨ tolerance for replacing multiple linear tool moves with a single move.

¨ number of points Mastercam looks ahead when filtering a toolpath.

¨ one-way filtering to filter a toolpath in one direction, usually for a finish toolpath, to avoid small polygonal patterns on the finish that can happen with zigzag filtering.

¨ optional replacement of linear moves with arcs. The Create arc options limit which planes arcs can be created in.

For Mill operations, Filter may create arcs in the plane you choose: XY, XZ, or YZ planes. Choose an option appropriate for your post processor configuration to handle arcs (usually designated as G17, G18, and G19 in the NC code).

¨ minimum and maximum arc radius.

There are 2 filtering ways assosiative and nonassosiative

Assosiative is a best way ,but nonassosiative you can imply on any toolpath ,even if it has no filter button

Choose NC utils, Filter to filter any existing NCI file.

In this method, filtering is performed on the ASCII NCI file, which is created when the operation is post processed. Once posted, the operation is no longer associated to the geometry so the filtering has no effect on either operations listed in Operations Manager or on the toolpath operation itself.