Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Advice

Rakesh

Goodmorning everybody,

Our company is thinking to buy Hardinge Lathe,Quest 6/42 and Quest 10/65 with subspindle and Y axis.

Do anybody work on these machines and how is their performance compare to Miyano, Mazak and Nakamura with the same options.

Any input will be helpful.

thanks

[ 01-31-2007, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Webmaster ]

I have [2] Conquest 'Super Precision' lathes and I think that they suck. I also think that Hardinge, in general, is lousy to deal with and that their customer service is, essentially, nonexistent.

I think Okuma makes the finest lathes to be had, but I'll take a Nakamura or Mori all day every day over a Hardinge.

Yep i have my post all set with this machine. I think some sample Mill/turn parts are in the sample folder with the install. You can also read at the top of a 4 axis lathe post and it describes the proper T-planes and such that is needed to get the toolpath to work out properly.

Hi Tryon

I never work on editing the post and always get it done from the dealer.

If possible, can you e-mail me few samples with the NC output. I just curious what plane gonna be when we using cross milling cutter and front milling tools and how to select those plane.

thanks

Hi James,

You are right, service was bad specially in toronto area but now they have 2 service personnel and 1 service guy for toronto area.

One more thing I am worry about is how strong is milling side is? These machines have VDI30 holders and ER25 collet system. This look to me little weaker. I guess Tyon can answer better about its stength in milling end.

thanks

quote:

No service calls have been needed

Lucky for you since their service is awful

quote:

these things can take a hit

You could tap the turret on my T51SP with a plastic hammer and knock it out of alignment; I have never come across a more finicky or gutless machine in my life. A chip that would pull a 60% spindle load on on of my Okumas will break the needle off the loadmeter on the Conquest before it fills the screen with red as it alarms out...

If you want to see how well ours 'take a hit' there are photos on the FTP of my machine 1/2 apart after one of my guys did a little computation error. Here's the old thread:

Hardinge thump and bump thread

VDI, especially VDI30, is going to be a weak link in anybody's machine, but you need to be realistic about what you're doing. If you are profile milling aluminum of plastics or something you will probably not tax that machine too much; if you are going to be working with tough stuff I would want to see a demo or do a turn-key regardless of whose machine you look at.

C

• 1 month later...

Finally we bought two Nakumura WT-150 with LNS bar feed. I hope coming week we will start cutting the part. This lathe with double spindle,two turrett,y axis on the main. Any advice from the people who using the mastercam for programming these or similar machines and Any advice for handling these lathes will be helpful?