Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 Remachine Problem

MattMj

I’m having a problem with Mastercam x2 when remachining large programs. I’m getting shutdown with the following error.

The instruction at “0x0bb652e0” referenced memory at “0x0bb652e0” . The memory could not be “read”.

This happens when I copy a pocket down and change the tool to remachine with a smaller tool. When I regin the program it locks up.

Also I tried reallocating memory in the toolpaths and it did no good. So I gave up and opened the same drawing in version X. I set it up the same way and remachine works fine. Just to satisfy my curiosity I then opened the (same working) drawing in X2 and regenerated the path and got the error in the message.

Also If the part is created in Mastercam the remachine works fine without the finish pass turned on. Only files brought in from Solid Works as parasolids seem to have this problem.

quote:

This happens when I copy a pocket down and change the tool to remachine with a smaller tool. When I regin the program it locks up.

Someone just asked about this last week. It is a bug that should be fixed in MR1. Until then, you could use Contour-Remachine.

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought of something. Do you have use tool's, step, peck.... setting checked? This will change the machining parameters to match the new tool selected. Perhaps there is some setting in the new tool that conflicts with (or just plain freaks out) the remachine path and it craps out on you. Just a thought.

Thad

• 1 month later...