Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

inside fillets in pockets

doyleg

I was wondering if there is an easy way to disregard fillets inside of a pocket. I only want to "slam" the corner. Not interpolate it. As it is now I trim all corners. But with doing this I believe that it is going to mess me up in the future if I use change recognition. Any help is much appreciated.

X2 MR1

LEVEL 2

I dunno, I just placed a rectangle with .25 rad corners machined with a .500 endmill and got no corner arcs

code:

G01 Z-.2 F20.

G41 D16 X.388 Y.8938 F65.

G03 X.1936 Y.9744 I-.1945 J-.1945

G01 X-1.3751

Y-1.1849

X1.7623

Y.9744

X.1936

G03 X-.0009 Y.8938 I0. J-.275

G01 G40 X-.1953 Y.6994

G00 Z.25

There is a option to change..........upper right side..............can't remember what they call it......... headscratch.gif don't have Mastercam in front of me...........below the comp option....I think......you click on when using cutter comp so you can comp bigger than the rad.

quote:

He's using control comp????

You know G, I tried it with control too and other than having to adjust my lead in/lead out, same size to cut again with no arcs, straight in, straight out.

I dunno

Optimize....................I just remembered when I was working on the EDM..........

"Select Optimize Toolpath to enable this option as the default for new toolpaths. It causes Mastercam to eliminate arcs from the toolpath if, in the compensated toolpath, they would be smaller than the radius of the selected tool."

HTH

Thanks guys. I do prefer on finishing passes to use control comp so that I can read the cutter path that is being cut. However I can't get rid of the arcs. As for Thad I'm only cutting aluminum. If it were steel I'd interpolate the corner. Plus I use a really good e.m. that doesn't chatter in the corners unless I'm cutting more than about 1.5" deep. I also have very little memory in the machine and I need to save all I can. I mainly just do prototypes so dnc'ing is not a feasible option. If this were for production purposes I wouldn't use control comp.

Thanks Midwest, I hadn't seen what the optimize toolpath was for I just knew that it was a pain in the arse for alot of my profiling and I generally hadn't used it because of it. I believe that it had to do with it completing a full path around part. I tried several things with the lead-in/out but still didn't like the code coming out. I will try it again now that I know more about it