Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Reports Record Sales Quarter

Steve Zirtzman

Guest SAIPEM

quote:

incorrect, that's the oil companies excuse.

"But the Consumer Federation's Cooper said the refining industry hasn't even tried to build new refineries and has instead closed 50 since the 1990s rather than make investments to make them comply with pollution laws."

You are wrong and clearly don't have a clue about the reality of this situation at all.

The Consumer Federation doesn't know @#$! about the industry and what it has attempted to do.

I work in it and can tell you first hand that every attempt to even begin the process has been stymied by enviro-nazis and NIMBYs.

Attempts to even drill new wells are constantly under attack from the very same.

Yes, some refineries have been closed but mostly because they simply weren't safe to operate any longer.

No amount of capital would make them safe.

Every single refinery closure had a plan for new construction to replace it.

Try searching just the public records in California.

It will NEVER be possible to build a new refinery there.

When mastercam complains that america's economy has kept prices down compared to other contries and then raises prices due to shortages and then reports the highest profit's earned over every other industry in the world i will stop congratulating them. Untill then KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I WOULD tend to believe in California not single refinery will EVER be built here again. Not because I know any "inside information" but because I know the kind of kooks that are running this joint and they won't let it happen. They'd rather pay $50/gallon.

quote:

When mastercam complains that america's economy has kept prices down compared to other contries and then raises prices due to shortages and then reports the highest profit's earned over every other industry in the world i will stop congratulating them.

No Chad, you've got it all wrong. That's why we went into Iraq. It was so we could get cheap Mastercam. wink.gif

Thad