Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Deckel Maho M-Code Question

Jim at Gentex

Does anyone know if there is an M code for a Deckel Maho control to unlock the cabinet door in conjunction with an M0 program stop?

I have a part which requires a M0 stop in mid-cycle to move a clamp. I always just press the manual door release button on the panel to do this, but I was wondering if there was an M code I could put in after the M0 just to make it simpler.

(I keep yanking on the door handle before I press the manual door release!)

bonk.gif

I know there are some 'user defined' M codes that can be set in the machine parameters. Can I use one of those to do what I've described here? If so, how do I go about setting that parameter?

Thanks.

Jim, I did not mean to sound curt. Peter is a service tech been with DMG for years. He is the software guy and has helped me in the past. A friendly call might get you your answer without the usual run around. If you email me I will foward you his cell #. I'm also interested in the answer. Had this same problem awhile back, but I only had to run around 20 pcs. and I jurked on that door handle each time before hitting the open door button. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Jim, Did you ever find anything out about this? I was using my lathe today and it dawned on me when programmed using M0 the door unlocks when spindle and all movement stops (like it should). So I'm pretty sure it's got to be a simple parameter change. The lathe control is also a Heidenhain. Let us know what you find out, I also would like to have my mill operate the same.

We had a Gildemeister Lathe, although it was Fanuc 32i. It did not unlock when all halted, but I got in the habit (since I wasn't using MC for that machine) of putting and M39 right before the M00's or M30's. As long as single block was not on, the door would unlock then call the M00 or M30 without a problem. If S/B was on, it would alarm out because the machine was 'still running', even if all was stopped.

Silly things...

• 12 years later...
On 5/25/2007 at 8:17 PM, GVM said:

Jim, I did not mean to sound curt. Peter is a service tech been with DMG for years. He is the software guy and has helped me in the past. A friendly call might get you your answer without the usual run around. If you email me I will foward you his cell #. I'm also interested in the answer. Had this same problem awhile back, but I only had to run around 20 pcs. and I jurked on that door handle each time before hitting the open door button. biggrin.gif

Hi, I would like to activate the automatic door open/close with M85/M86 I found in Ladder diagram that I must change keep relаy 4 bit 6 from 0 to 1 but I do not know how to do it. That is the reason to speak with peter if you send me his cell. my e-mail is [email protected]

• Huh? 1
2 minutes ago, Rosen Ivanov said:

Hi, I would like to activate the automatic door open/close with M85/M86 I found in Ladder diagram that I must change keep relаy 4 bit 6 from 0 to 1 but I do not know how to do it. That is the reason to speak with peter if you send me his cell. my e-mail is [email protected]

You realize this topic is 13 years old?

• Haha 1